Thursday, October 2, 2008

Recently, a friend commented on how turning 30 actually feels good because you feel so much more "evolved" as a person by then. I could not agree more when I reached the much-feared milestone last week. Here's a bullet-point list of the new evolved me:

1. I am... finally... okay about being me.
2. I feel like a happier person becuase I've finally realized that all I really want to be is to be a very happy person.
3. I value responsiveness and meaningful communication much more than I ever did in my twenties. Which is why I realize that the friendships I already have are much more worth the effort than the ones I want to foster.
4. I sense this inexplicable desire in myself to be taken seriously... and if I am not, I feel offended. There was a time when it did not matter!
5. I know age and patience are a package deal. But I think I am more impatient at 30 than I was before.
6. New pet peeves of the early 30s: Slow response time, tall claims, incompetence, lack of respect and tolerance, pretentiousness, bitchy people...uhhh i think that hasn't changed much now, has it.

No comments: